International Expansion Consumer Payments team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers. We are an Agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to Amazon customers while having fun and bring new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you.
The International Expansion Consumer payments business needs a world class Technical Program Manager who designs, drives, launches and owns new and existing payment methods for our customers across the many geographies where Amazon operates. The qualified candidate will own the technical strategy and platform direction for integrations with partners and ongoing relationships with financial institutions worldwide.
This role requires working closely with businesses across Amazon, the product management team, the payments development team, and key software development teams across the company to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating large cross functional projects and schedules, and delivering complex projects with accurate results at high scale.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards, is never satisfied with the status quo
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Results orientation
International Expansion Consumer Payments enables payments in new or existing marketplaces to accelerate Amazon's presence worldwide and innovate in the payments space.
You will help shape the technical strategy by working with the product team and other senior leaders and drive programs from conception to delivery, help shape the Engineering team and build and deliver systems across payments systems.
If you are interested, would like to discuss this opportunity with you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical program management in a software environment
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive levelPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Agile or other program management methodologies
- Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software is a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Management and Executive