Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions using cutting edge Machine Learning at scale?
The Automated Brand Protection team aims to deliver a trusted and complete Buyer-facing catalog by helping Brands protect their intellectual property and accurately represent themselves on Amazon. We build large scale, low latency, high throughput, distributed software systems that identify, prevent and act on all forms of product listings abuse on the Amazon catalog. These systems will rely on data from our innovative, next-generation image processing and machine learning solutions.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Technical Program Manager with a strong technical and program management background. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience leading large scale projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current development technologies.
You must enjoy an entrepreneurial environment, and driven by strong desire to solving for ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
About the hiring group
We are a multi-cultural and inclusive team who value diverse viewpoints and out of the box thinking. We take complete ownership of our systems, ensuring that the systems we design continue to perform optimally in production. We earn the trust of our business partners through transparency and open dialogue and have a say in how we serve brands through technology. We are also a fun loving team, regularly organizing team lunches and other social activities.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will
• Understand the details of the business and work with software development engineers, managers and other stakeholders to develop functional specifications, and project plans.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to successfully deliver projects in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate high judgement and negotiation skills, and influence stakeholders and partners, to deliver the right solution for the business and our customers.
• Work with multiple technology stacks, always using what's best suited for the purpose.
• Communicate your ideas and project status with clarity, both verbally and in written communication.
• Work with teams across locations, geographies and time zones.
• Mentor and develop other technical program managersBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedulesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and relevant discipline
• A history of working in fast paced, ambiguous environments handling multiple, competing priorities
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Proven track record in researching, developing and shipping software solution.
• Industry experience with one of more of the following domains: Large-scale distributed systems, web technologies, mobile development.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services is a bonus.
• Experience and/or a strong interest with machine learning software systems and/or big data software systems.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior technical program managers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming