Are you interested in building the next generation, cloud-based commerce system for AWS that's used by millions of customers worldwide? Are you excited by the idea of working on highly scalable and secure systems that enabling multiple payment methods for our customers? Do you want to make an impact at a $10-billion-a-year business? Then we need to talk!
As a Sr. TPM, you will be responsible for organizing teams and stakeholders to help the organization launch complex and high impacting projects including: the launch of new regions, new customer features such as self-service partial payments, payment plans and new payment methods. All of the projects aim to improve our customer's payment experience across the globe.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
• 6+ years of relevant, engineering experience, and at least 3 years of people management experience
• Minimum of six years of experience of technical program management experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadershipPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of software development experience.
• Experience launching extremely high volume and highly scalable web services that require effort across multiple teams.
• Experience launching highly available systems and operating 24x7 services that requires effort across multiple teams.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
• Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Management and Executive