It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Transportation Technology organization, builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started.
An example of a recent innovation from this group is AmazonFlex (flex.amazon.com) that enables crowdsourced last mile delivery. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from AmazonFresh groceries, ultra-fast Prime Now deliveries to big-screen TV's, increasingly complex transportation network, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great leaders too (this is where you come in ... read on)
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will lead programs, rally together multiple teams in the Middle Mile Transportation Technology Organization and make progress every year to achieve the 3-5 year vision. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You'll work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history! At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader will be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented leaders who can build and grow organizations.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management
• 5+ years of experience with project management applications and critical path analysis
• Experience in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Industry experience in one of the following domains: personal computing, consumer electronics, or embedded systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, present complex technical information and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Master's degree
• Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - experience engaging with senior leadership
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming