Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) is seeking an inventive, results-oriented Technical Program Manager for our Dock to Dock Flow team. AFT powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon by building the software, hardware, and processes that run a global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
Dock to Dock Program in AFT, is responsible for optimization of flow across all building types in the global Amazon network by providing hands off the wheel resource planning and allocation systems. These systems are critical tier 1 systems that provide near real time visibility into operations that helps customer receive their products as promised. We take pride in understanding all of the different processes and functions that are performed across a fulfillment center as our labor planning systems need to plan labor across all different aspects of the building starting from Inbound Dock to the Outbound dock, so you could imagine the sheer complexity of the same . Our vision is to strengthen these systems so we can continue to make flow in the buildings as efficient as possible and help Amazon flywheel.
This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, operations, software, vendors, finance and executive leaders to deliver critical capabilities that enhance customer selection, cost or speed of delivery. You will represent the teams programs to the Director and VP of engineering on a weekly and monthly basis. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies, operational models and capabilities into high quality, simple hardware products.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 4+ years of experience making significant individual contribution to real-world software development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
• Able to independently operate and lead through ambiguous in fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Professional and/or academic experience in data analysis, business intelligence, metrics, or similar
Strong organizational and planning skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive