eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI), a division within Amazon's eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading innovation in business systems integration and defining the future of financial accounting at Amazon scale. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystem and responsible for processing hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon's key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems.
As a TPM in eCFI, you will be the driving force that collaborates with financial business partners and technical teams around the globe to deliver world class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible - all while maintaining a strong customer focus. You will work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting our retail business and financial accounting customer's needs. You will work with multiple technical teams to deliver those solutions. You will be the driving force that orchestrates all the moving pieces as needed to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
You will also be the face and voice for the project teams you work with. You will ensure that all stakeholders are aware of outstanding issues and project status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences as well as communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
Key responsibilities for the role:
• Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver features.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
• Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team interdependencies
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
• Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches.
• Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazons success firmly in your focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• A solid CS foundation including at least 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role, and good knowledge of OOAD, scalability issues and multi-tiered solutions.
• Experience with successful software & system implementations utilizing project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
• Strong familiarity with agile methodologies.
• A track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes excellent listening skills, concise communications and targeting the message to specific audiences.
• Quantitative analytical abilities.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Deep understanding of the Financial Services and operational accounting domain, matured working for sector industry leaders. Experience in managing business and technical partnerships.
Management and Executive