Amazon shoppers rely on efficient and delightful shopping interfaces for their shopping and related tasks like order tracking. Amazon developers who build those interfaces rely on powerful foundations to build these shopping interfaces. The foundations deliver programming patterns and runtimes that include all common building blocks that make it easy to create and maintain shopping experiences, and let the experience developers focus on delighting the customers for the specific use case.
One of these foundations is a common set of request and response handling functionality that removes the need for each experience builder at Amazon to build and maintain the same functionality. This is where you come in. You are an experienced Technical Program Manager, and you can help us build the next generation of these foundations.
In this role you will be one of the technical leaders of a team of developers that is customer obsessed and deeply technical. You will gather requirements from a large number of internal customers and stakeholders, explore existing and emerging technologies inside and outside Amazon, map out opportunities and gaps between them. You will own prioritization, cross team communication and communication with our internal customers. Using your program management skills, you will build mechanisms that scale to managing hundreds of partner teams seamlessly. You will own tracking project delivery, task management, setting and tracking success criteria. You will discern risks in programs, their impact and advise on mitigations. Your communication will be tuned to the audience, giving them the information they need to make decisions and move forward. You will own regular communication with senior leadership on program goals, dependency management and risk mitigation.
You will be part of an organization whose work is leveraged by other business at Amazon. An organization with leaders who inspire each other to become better skilled professionals while having fun. If this sounds like the type of projects and team you would like to be a part of, we'd love to talk to you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of industry experience in any capacity delivering software systems.
• 2+ years of product/project/program management.
• Technical depth and breadth to understand software architecture and design, make technical tradeoff decisions, often with incomplete data.
• Ability to discern short term vs long term impact of technical decisions and able to balance between them as appropriate for the business.
• Excellent verbal and written communication that is tuned to the audience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building a roadmap and delivering high scale internet services.
• Experience working across teams in geographically diverse locations.
• Sense of humor and ability to work while having fun.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive