Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large cross-organizational projects and initiatives for one of the largest online marketplaces excite you? The Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) team is looking for an energetic, focused and skilled Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead complex programs for one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Amazon Global Logistic (AGL) team is revolutionizing e-commerce by creating the world's most efficient global logistics solutions, making selection from anywhere available to customers everywhere, at lowest prices and fastest delivery speeds. We focus on breaking down barriers to allow selling partners to sell their items to hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Our team develops software that removes friction from the process of global fulfillment and cross border selling. We deliver solutions pivotal to business expansion by enabling selling partners to provide better offers in existing marketplaces and to introduce their products to new customers around the world. We need your help to grow the AGL business by building highly-available, scalable, distributed systems providing a delightful experience to global customers and selling partners.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience leading software development projects
• 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
• Experienced in understanding and contributing to the technical architecture and design of a product/ feature(s).
• Ability to understand and evaluate architectural designs for strengths and weaknesses and balance technical trade-offs against business ones.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Track record for managing complex technology projects
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
• Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management
• Experience developing Internet products and technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
Management and Executive