Are you excited by the challenge of launching new business initiatives for Amazon in India?
India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon's fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. Our engineers own the complete consumer experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and Machine Learning), build and operate highly scalable, low latency first products and services.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager working in ICB, you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision that is configuration driven, self-service capable, to serve the fast growing needs of various businesses at Amazon. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to launch on time, and handling real time business events and translate them into financial events that could then be persisted onto Financial Systems within Amazon.
A Senior Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program management with deep tech skills. If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
Key job responsibilities
As a Technical Program Manager on the team:
You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project
Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- professional software development experience
- experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, or experience building scalable, reliable applications on mobile platforms
- experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions
- experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
- design/development skills including experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications
- strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- excellent written communication and verbal agility
- prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume transaction processing systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming