We are looking for a strong technical leader to drive efforts to build new products and features for Alexa - Home Productivity. Our group is responsible for Alexa capabilities aiming to help customers better manage their time and tasks. As part of this organization, you will be directly responsible for define software architecture, product execution plans, and roadmap for Timers and Alarms. Both the products are extremely popular among Alexa customers. As we continue to improve our base products and launch new innovations (such as Alarm with wake up lights, Music / Smarthome Timers), you will required to liaison with multiple teams within Alexa to create the right designs and ensure smooth execution.
You will work closely with the engineering teams to solve hard technical and business challenges as you work through the implementation aspects for the product. You will need to drive large cross-team initiatives and work with stakeholders across various functions including developers, product management, designers, marketing, and operations. Finally, as a senior member of the team you will take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement of our technical designs as well as our software development processes. We are pioneering in an area that can revolutionize many businesses. You will have a unique opportunity to be part of that, define product from scratch, and turn vision into delighting customer experiences.
• Lead delivery of a large, complex, cross-functional, customer facing programs.
• Develop and manage complete program roadmap
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Gain consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing prioritiesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 5+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
• Experience with agile and scrum development methodologiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Tenacious, does not give up
• MS in Engineering, Computer Science is preferred
• Works well in open problem spaces
• Ability to define scope, and solve problems creatively and practically
• Excellent communication and people skills: being able to communicate to diverse audiences with confidence, clarity and focus
• Ability to build trust and supportive working relationships
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Strong track record of software project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent technical skills, ideally with 2+ years of direct software development experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive