Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. To deliver on this reputation for trust the Selling Partner Abuse team is tasked with developing product and program solutions that prevent bad listings from being published to our catalog and protecting customers and brand owners worldwide.
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us ensure that customers may make great purchase decisions and that our selling partners are successful listing and selling their products. Amazon's growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead our global Listing Risk initiatives and help develop the roadmap for products/features that prevent abuse and help our selling partners grow their business.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, enjoy solving complex problems and building technical solutions in partnership with engineering and science teams. Being able to make data driven decisions and deliver results fast is a must.
This role is based in Seattle.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
• 5+ years of experience in product management that includes building and launching technology-based products.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Bias for action and willingness to take risks.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience making things happen in a fast-paced dynamic environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in technical field preferred but not required.
• Experience in fraud and abuse is preferred but not required.
• Track record of working successfully with engineering and science teams.
• Start-up or other entrepreneurial experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Management and Executive