Amazon's Recruiting Tech organization seeks a driven, results-oriented software development leader to build the next generation of recruiting systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is a passionate builder of talent and teams.
In this role you will be responsible for leading teams of engineers to create world-class recruiting systems for Amazon's expanding global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, controllership, maintainability, performance and customer service.
As a leader in Recruiting Tech, you will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scaleable, adaptable platform for our people data. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect engineers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves. In this role, you will hire and lead a world-class software data engineering team. You will draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to hire and mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects at the cutting edge of scale and with a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a technical leader, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within Recruiting Tech represents an opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape Amazon's business. The successful candidate will bring deep technical and data management expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems
• 5+ years of experience managing and effectively operating a distributed systems that are highly reliable and scalable
• 5+ years of proven experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
• 3+ year experience managing technical managersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of experience managing a team of at least 30 data and/or software engineers
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production systems
• Deep understanding of engineering best practices, in both packaged and custom software realms
• Deep understanding of enterprise systems and data integration
• Deep understanding of agile project management methodologies
• Experience automating back office operations
• Experience writing production code
• MBA or advanced degree
• Experience with global technology implementation efforts and rollouts
• Experience with software quality assurance
• Experience managing operations teams
Software and Programming