It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great people too (this is where you come in ... read on)
Amazon Freight is building a disruptive transportation product with the vision of redefining shipping for its customers. The goal is to develop easy-to-use, reliable and transparent transportation services that raise the customer experience bar relative to all existing shipping alternatives. In doing this, Amazon is deeply studying customer shipping needs and building innovative, market-leading solutions that will organically attract customers towards our services.
We are seeking an innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented technology leader with a history of driving large-scale software solutions, leading teams in project scoping, planning, and delivering to schedule.
Manage overall software development life-cycle via your leaders and direct engineers
Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
Delivery of quality applications on time and on budget.
Develop and manage the group, conduct performance reviews of team members
Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Work closely with Sr. Engineers and Team Leaders to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at AmazonBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 10+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping softwarePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• Agile software development methodologies
• Experience with large scale systems
• Strong business and technical vision
• Understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
Software and Programming