The Amazon Payments Platform processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars through our systems annually. We are re-inventing the vision of our platform to provide our internal clients such as Digital, Retail, AWS, B2B and others, the best payment gateway service, bench marked against the top external alternatives.
Come challenge yourself and learn from the best. Work with a world class team building market leading services of unprecedented scale.
As a senior leader on the team, you will collaborate with your team members, partners, and senior leadership to shape the services vision, and you will own your team's engineering plan and execution. As a senior manager, you will hire, organize, and serve an organization spanning managers and engineers in research, prototyping, software design, and implementation. You will lead your organization in honing its processes and in building team culture, and you will facilitate staff members' career development.
If you are excited and if you are looking to build and serve a high-performing organization - we would love to hear from you.
- Act as an entrepreneur, taking ownership of your services and maximizing the value you provide to your customers.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
- Work with engineers to architect and develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Lead your team to operational excellence of your services.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing complex software systems
- 10+ years of experience in Software development
- 5+ years as a Development Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degreePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience with micro service architectures
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Software and Programming