Are you passionate about Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing and Big Data? Think about what it takes to process and store millions of financially significant transactions that are generated each day as millions of purchases are made, as thousands of merchants are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, and as suppliers & vendors are paid!
We, the eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI) development group in Vancouver, are looking for strong, innovative engineers to help us mold cloud computing and storage technologies into a secure, scalable, efficient platform for financial events processing, storage and analysis that will serve Amazon for the next decade.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platform that is the foundation for Amazon's financial reporting. We reliably handle data in high volume and velocity. You will interface with teams and systems inside and outside our org including Business systems, Financial Systems, and Accounting.
Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience through a data driven approach and scalable and robust software. Challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Who is eCFI?
eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI), a division within Amazon's eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading innovation in business systems integration and defining the future of financial accounting at Amazon scale. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystem and responsible for processing hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon's key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Proven track record of delivering significant results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with UNIX or Linux systems
• Project Management experience with agile development methodology
• XML/JSON and Web Service concepts
• Familiarity with NoSQL, distributed databases
• Familiarity with RDBMS
• Prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume transaction processing systems
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Software and Programming