Interested in Amazon Echo? Ever wonder what's involved in enabling millions of developers to create skills for Alexa? Then come help us build the Alexa Skills Kit that developers use every day to expand Alexa's skill set!
Our goal is make Alexa an instantly familiar personal assistant that is always ready to help or entertain on any device. At the core of this vision is Alexa Skills Developer Technologies, a close-knit team that's dedicated to providing software developers with the tools, primitives, and services they need to easily create engaging customer experiences that expand the wealth of information, products and services available on Alexa.
You've found the right team if you are a passionate software engineer with experience building innovative applications that customers love. You will join a growing organization in Vancouver and have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
• Building software that runs with high quality on millions of Echo family devices, and Alexa-enabled Devices.
• Ownership of the definition of the Alexa Presentation Language.
• Taking a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies and/or proposing larger projects.
• Understanding the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
• Driving engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
• When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path, building consensus.
• You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practicesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 7+ years of experience building production software systems.
• Experience with a variety of modern programming languages such as Java, C, C++, Objective C, Python.
Software and Programming