Sr. Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 700733
Amazon Mobile Shopping is one of our fastest growing strategic new businesses focused on mobile commerce. We build, launch and manage Amazon's business on mobile apps and services across all smartphone and tablet surfaces. Our team focuses on ensuring the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite mobile devices. To do so, we build and invent new and innovative end-to-end frameworks and systems for developers and partners to help enhance the customer experiences in interacting with the Amazon Mobile Shopping apps on their mobile devices.
The ideal candidate will be a full-stack engineer with experience in large-scale commercial mobile application and service development experience capable of leading a complete lifecycle of architecting, developing, and delivery of an end-to-end software system with technical leadership in many areas of development including mobile, front-end, and server-side development. The opportunity to make an impact in this role is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate! If this sounds like a project you've been working towards and would like to deliver, please contact us today, and let's talk about how you can be a part of it.
As a technical leader of the team and the Mobile Shopping organization, you will lead the complete architecting and developing of an end-to-end software system. You're an engineering leader looking for a career where you'll be able to build and to deliver a complete software system deployed for multiple purposes providing the best experience and satisfaction to hundreds of millions of customers world-wide in high quality, and to impress them. You want to build and enhance customer experiences utilizing to the fullest possible extent all the cool server-side technologies and distributed data processing and analytics components available in Amazon. You want to lead projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve complex problems, you collaborate with multiple teams and lead your colleagues in building a sound, long-lasting, and efficient solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for designing system architecture and providing mentorship and technical leadership within and across multiple teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented language such as Java, C# or C++
• Excellent analytical and design skills
• Master in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
• 10+ years of industry experience
• Experience in building server-side software systems utilizing distributed data processing and analytics components
• Experience delivering low-latency, large-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience building complex mobile applications on Android or iOS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Proven track record of delivery
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019