Sr. Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 708143
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. As we continue to grow our business, we are constantly looking for ways to help serve our customers with innovative offerings that fundamentally change the way people build, deploy, and manage AWS cloud applications.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the AWS Cloud Map team in Vancouver, as we evolve the service in response to vocal demand from customers. AWS Cloud Map is a highly available and scalable service that allows customers to define custom names for application resources, and it maintains the updated location of these dynamically changing resources. As an Amazon Web Service, we believe in simple, reliable, and low cost systems that serve our customers' needs. Our roadmap is exciting and we're just getting started.
Why would you want to join our team?
We are now embarking on adding the next wave of functionality for a service that is core to all modern Internet businesses. If you're excited about solving hard technical problems in the distributed systems space, and want your work to make an immediate impact in the real world, this is the place for you. If going deep to optimize for scale, latency, and resource usage excites you as much as working backwards from the customer to develop features that not only work, but delight, then join us in delivering a next generation networking platform.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
In addition to the technical qualifications, you must be a passionate, creative, self-driven, responsible role model. You must be an accomplished senior engineer with experience in distributed systems and a focus on scalability and operational excellence to help us grow and operate a large-scale, global networking service, intended to be a core building block for many larger services. You should have strong experience in designing solutions focused on customer needs, leading teams in developing and deploying these solutions, and operating the systems in production with a demonstrated focus on security, stability and availability. You should be excited (and a little frightened) by the enormous scale at which we operate. A natural problem solver, who is able to think about business opportunities, operational issues, and software architecture in the course of a single conversation. Curious about our customers' needs and dedicated to turning developers into raving fans. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives. Someone who makes the team room both productive and fun to work in.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented , data structures, algorithm and analysis.
• Fluency in C, or .
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Distributed systems, networking, web services and implementation experience.
• Experience working in Linux based environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Posted: June 14, 2019
Closes: August 13, 2019