Do you want to own cutting-edge technology, solve tech problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
The Amazon Gift Cards organization has several positions available for creative and independent engineers with a passion for scalable, high-performance full stack systems to define and build Amazon's stored value systems. We offer the Internet's premier gift card, and we are continuing to grow and expand our business with innovative stored value products.
As a member of the Amazon Gift Cards team, you will invent new features, and develop next generation user experiences and large-scale services. We are a fast-paced environment, using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle. Whether you are a web developer, front end engineer or proficient backend developer, we have exciting work for you.
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in high-volume websites, distributed systems, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
About the team
Gift Cards is a multi-billion-dollar business at the convergence of e-commerce, web marketing and payments. The Gift Cards team's mission is to create delightful gifts that are thoughtful for the recipient and convenient for the giver. We are responsible for creating, enhancing, merchandising and marketing multiple products sold globally through the Amazon website, corporate sales, and Brick & Mortar third-party retail stores. Our product line includes electronic gift cards, physical gift cards, branded gift cards (e.g. Starbucks and Whole Foods) and programmatic interfaces that allow on-demand gift card issuance for corporate partners. We build large-scale systems that can handle the growing business issuance and customer needs. If you have ever purchased or received an Amazon gift card, you have used the features and platform that we have built. As an SDE on the team, you can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming