Are you interested in building the next generation automation and intelligence service for AWS Support? Are you interested in making a massive and measurable difference in a vibrant business for the leading edge cloud adopters in the world? We are looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers like yourself who will help us build first class highly available and scalable services and real world production systems to do just that.
AWS Kumo Software is a dynamic and rapidly growing development organization within Amazon Web Services. We are building the next generation diagnostic and troubleshooting systems for the paradigm shifting cloud computing industry. AWS Kumo applications encompass a variety of technical areas such as information retrieval, data mining, big data and machine learning. An example application is AWS Trusted Advisor, which performs data mining for customers and gives precise recommendations on cost optimization, security, fault tolerance and performance.
As a developer working on AWS Kumo Software, you will get firsthand experience interacting across all AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and others. You will be surrounded by people who are extremely smart and passionate about cloud computing. Our work has an impact across all AWS customers from Netflix to NASA.
The AWS Kumo Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build and make history!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
• 8+ years of professional software development experience.
• Fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
• 8+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Typescript, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• Experience leading the design and architecture of complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• 8+ years of software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Past experience in at least one of the following areas - microservices, event driven architecture, text analysis or machine learning.
• Understanding of system design, distributed systems, serverless computing, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
• Practical experience writing large scale web applications including architectural decisions, language choices, frameworks and implementation
• Knowledge and prior use of AWS services.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience in communicating with users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Excellent problem solving ability and detailed knowledge of object-oriented design and development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.
Software and Programming