Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an
infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can
requisition compute power, storage, and other services - paying as you
go for only the resources you need. Within AWS, Glue is a cloud-based data transformation and integration service that simplifies the data preparation process for analytics. AWS Glue automates the tedious, labor-intensive tasks of building data lakes and authoring and maintaining extract-transform-and-load (ETL) pipelines. This allows customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights. AWS Lake Formation is a service that makes it easy to set up a secure data lake in days. A data lake is a centralized, curated, and secured repository that stores all your data, both in its original form and prepared for analysis. A data lake enables you to break down data silos and combine different types of analytics to gain insights and guide better business decisions.
Joining the AWS Glue and Lake Formation organization gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building
large-scale data-intensive systems and distributed systems. In
particular, we are looking for developers that want to work on the
next generation big data systems that will transform data management
on AWS and across the industry.
Experience with large scale data analytics, big data platforms, highly
available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and
operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
• Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Coding and testing complex system components
• Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
• Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
• Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
• Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 5 + years experience writing large scale systems in Java and/or Python. C/C++ is a plus.
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
• Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
• Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
• Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
• Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, and storage systems
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Software and Programming