Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
We are looking for software development engineers that are passionate about building distributed systems, observability solutions (granular insights into metrics, logs, distributed traces, and alerting), and rich data visualization providing interactive data exploration across a large volume of data sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. As a Sr. Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. There will be opportunities for learning and growth on the team, there will be access to Sr Engineers and PEs, and SDEs will have the opportunity to mentor and coach junior engineers on the team. AWS has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our software development engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.
This is a unique opportunity to build a new AWS service from the ground up to a successful launch.
In this role, you will be positioning AWS as a thought leader in related open source projects by collaborating and influencing the open source community and contributing to open source projects.
You will be responsible to design, build, and scale a globally available AWS service that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of experience in software development focusing on large scale distributed systems.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C, C++, GoLang, Java, or Python including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
• Strong sense of ownership and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Background in supporting large scale software implementations
• Knowledge of networking concepts and AWS infrastructures services
• Experience mentoring software or system engineers
Software and Programming