"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
Identity provide services that enable customers to control who can access what. Our services enable identity, resource, and access management as well as governance across our customers' environments. We integrate with all services, and 100% of customers use our services, so we take our responsibility for securely enforcing access control for as our absolute top priority.
In this position, you will work with a senior team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. Not only do we work on a fun customer-facing space, but we have a great inclusive and diverse team of engineers and leaders that values making sure each voice is heard and a great work-life balance. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive , and to gain top-notch experience in computing. You understand building reliable and secure services, leveraging technologies, and can build software at . You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly solve problems. You are a team player, contribute to the execution of team objectives, and leverage technical knowledge and engineering best practices to rapidly deliver solutions that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or relevant work experience)
• 6+ years developing software solutions in large (over 10,000 users) global environments
• Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, , and mastery of object-oriented and programming
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, REST, etc.
• Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science related field
• Experience developing integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID (Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar)
• Understanding of Identity Systems like LDAP and/or Active Directory
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 3+ years of working with large systems
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming