Interested in building ML-distributed systems to deploy machine learning models at scale? With Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. We have set out to build highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed clustering infrastructure for HPC. Specifically, the real-time inference component enables customers deploy ML models at scale to run high performant, low-latency CPU / Deep Learning workloads and monitor the quality of the models and data in production. ML Ops, CICD and A/B testing are in the mix as well for deploying models safely.
This requirement is with SageMaker Foundational services team. You will design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You'll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. You will own delivery of entire piece of the system and serve as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards, and hire/mentor junior development engineers. You will do everything from determining priorities and designing features to re-architecture as necessary, automated testing and mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
We're moving fast, and this is a great team to join and make a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C#, PerlPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering; building and operating complex distributed systems
• Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as R and MATLAB is a plus
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Software and Programming