As a member of the Global Real Estate & Facilities (GREF) team overseeing corporate offices in Canada, this position will manage all facility and property activity in the region. The role will be based in Vancouver, BC.
In addition to owning the day to day facilities operations for all corporate office sites in Canada, the role also partners with transaction management on space acquisition and project management on initial programing and post-occupancy projects. We seek a senior leader who demonstrates proven success in building and running a fast-growing facilities organization, delivering a large volume of simultaneous complex projects and programs with demanding timelines.
This role combines team leadership, project management and transaction management.
The successful candidate must operate as a true partner to local business leaders, finance, HR, IT, and other functional areas and establish highly integrated relationships with vendor partners. This person must be comfortable operating on both the strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer. The ideal candidate will be experienced in multinational/multi-cultural corporate environments, having a passion for and in-depth knowledge of Property Management, and FM Operations with a financial focus.
The optimal candidate is an experienced, vibrant, and engaging professional who excels in an entrepreneurial culture, providing vision, leadership, and communication. This person must but not afraid to dive deep into details while fostering transparent relationships and balancing frugality with creativity.
- Builds, mentors, develops, and coaches a team of facilities managers/vendor partners and their teams to execute operations and to strengthen their leadership and assist in achieving career growth
- Drive strategy and direction for site operations consistent with global program guidelines and vision; think globally, execute locally
- High level relationship management with customers, continually adding to a portfolio of business leads in a dynamic environment
- Manage third party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining sites
- Support the creation and delivery of operational objectives facilities services, programs and contracts in the portfolio
- Provide strategic direction to facilities management teams (direct reports and outsourced vendor teams) who oversee facilities operations of sites
- Participate in any site/country/portfolio level crisis including local FM, HR, GREF Leadership, Corp Sec, Business Assurance & Continuity (program leader/risk/legal as required)
- Accountable for annual budget including the development, financial variance reports and operations analysis
- Assures capital projects, operations projects and re-configurations are managed by facilities teams with outstanding customer service
- Further develops standards and procedures as business and customer needs evolve
- Partner with Workplace Strategy teams on new initiatives, site retrofits, etc.
- Responsible for managing portfolio-wide program operations such as reception, mail/post services, moves/adds/changes, and post-occupancy-projects
- Partner with procurement on opportunities to RFP and/or negotiate service contracts
- Drive and support special projects and strategic initiatives for the portfolio
- Work with corporate legal counsel to manage contracts and day to day operations where applicable
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as HR, IT, Corporate Security, Safety/Emergency Preparedness, Business Assurance and Continuity. Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships with cross-team members and customers (Amazon employees)
- Conducts regular site condition inspections and solves for systemic deficiencies identified
- Collaborate with global peers to ensure consistency, lessons learned, and best practices across regions
- Prepares and presents project proposals to business leaders for review and approval
- 10+ years of professional experience required, with significant experience in managing large and complex facilities organizations
- 7+ years of experience with senior management and leadership responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field
- Experience building and managing a team or department within a startup or entrepreneurial setting, particularly one with both proprietary and contract resources
- Highly competent with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and SharePoint
- Exceptional communication skills; proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence
- Understanding of sourcing/procurement, building systems and maintenance, vendor management and customer service
- Comfortable with legal terms and structures for standard commercial contracts
- Proven self-starter who sets aggressive goals and consistently gets results
- Effective resource management and project management skills
- Experience with any of the following enterprise/SaaS/ASP platforms: Oracle Financials and PeopleSoft
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Operations and Logistics Maintenance and Technicians