It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers - on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Product and Technology (MMPT) organization builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started.
Within MMPT, Yard and Gate Tech team empowers Amazon associates and drivers worldwide with products to swiftly and safely perform their duties in the yard. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to define the next generation of products to enhance driver and associate experience in our yards. You will have the freedom (and encouragement) to own your own vision of a critical piece of our Yard and Gate tech products. You will collaborate with our development teams, and business stakeholders to build innovative products to solve complex business problems.
Key job responsibilities
Successful candidates will be business savvy, can empathize with our customers to discover and creatively solve their problems, define compelling product vision to inspire our engineers to build business viable products, and deliver 10X better customer experience with each deployment. You will define and monitor metrics to ensure that we are focussed on solving customer pain points, make data driven decisions to prioritize competing ideas and continuously improve our products. The buck will stop with you and you will ensure that we are building business viable products to continuously delight our customers.
About the teamBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 6+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Drive the vision, strategy and requirements for features and solutions.
• Lead the development of reporting, insights and operational metrics to monitor results and drive improvement.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences.
• Experience owning feature delivery and product prioritization decisions
• Experience in leading product discovery and building new products from experiments
• Monitor project execution and ensure project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with target dates.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Master's Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Logistics
• Prior experience working with automation, supply chain visibility and yard products
• Excellent communication skills, executive presence, and the ability to effectively advise senior leadership
• Desire to work in fast-paced, challenging environment and drive organizational alignment and results at scale.
• Ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive