Job location: 510 W Georgia Street, 14th Floor, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0M3
Do you want to build systems that drive key decisions for the world's biggest e-commerce business? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon, enhancing how we do business and grow as a key player in the global e-commerce?
Did you answer yes to the above questions? Are you ready for a unique challenge? Then this is the job for you!
Our ideal candidate can form insights and find innovative ways to act on these insights, translate ideas into product designs, and harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to bring these designs into the world for our customers. We are looking for a proven candidate who can help shape the vision and roadmap, define the principles and framework that allows many teams to innovate quickly, and integrate these efforts into a coherent whole.
Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
Key objectives for this role include:
1. Start with the customer and work backwards to define your product vision and customer needs.
2. Innovate and develop friction-free products that solve problems for Amazon customers
3. Manage a strong cross functional team to see their business initiatives from conception through launch.
4. Be the end-to-end owner of the product - manage the business case, identify the Amazon value proposition, define the customer experience, build out the product requirements, launch plan and see the business through launch and customer adoption
5. Draft strategy and product updates for the Amazon's senior leadership team
Salary Range: $97,200 to $162,300/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee StockBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or an engineering field and an MBA. 5-8 years product management experience, preferably in delivering customer-facing products/service
• Experience managing product, project, or program teams
• Minimum of 5 years of software development, testing, and technology or product management experience with internet businesses
• Minimum of 2 years of experience translating customer needs into product features, user interface design, and pricing models to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
• Market and customer analysis skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new areas quickly
• Demonstrated ability to define requirements, specifications, and metrics for successful web services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results. Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet the qualifications above.
Management and Executive