Do you want to drive the next wave of Voice-driven AI experiences? Amazon's Alexa is at the forefront of this technology wave and poised to power millions of new devices from sensors and wearables to TVs, automobiles and SmartHome applications. We are looking for someone who's excited to drive this technology into innovative new applications that deliver amazing experiences.
A day in the life
As a Senior Product Manager (Tech), you are accountable for delivering and managing world-class features and experiences used by millions of global customers. You will focus on understanding customer needs, driving engagement, growth, monetization and impact of features on Alexa-based devices, including voice and screen-based interactions. You will own the strategy and performance of key features on multimodal devices and drive impact through feature and experience innovation, content management, and new segment growth. You will lead cross-functional teams, define and launch the innovative software products and features that delight customers and deliver best-in-class experience and usability.
About the hiring group
The team's mission is to drive Alexa everywhere and deliver delightful experiences on all devices. This leads to an ambitious charter for delivering device software solutions that scale across all devices and we are looking for a strong technical product leader who can drive all-up ownership of this product, and deliver results with internal and external partner teams, while continuing to raise the bar on the end customer experience.
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave.
As Senior Product Manager (Tech) in Alexa Device SDK Team, you will be responsible for delivering world-class product experiences that will be used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. This is a strategic product role, leading the efforts to define product solutions enabling device makers to deliver Alexa experiences at parity with 1P devices. You will define products experiences that deliver innovation in features, usability, and product performance and will be responsible for working with a cross functional team of engineers, designers, partner/product managers and BD to achieve high impact and productivity.
• Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
• Define high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Strong oral and written communication; you have the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Work closely with hardware and software engineering teams to deliver products to market
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goalsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• BS in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management
• 7+ years experience in the following: Defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope / schedule / deploy new features sets
• Experience working in fast paced Agile environments.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A track record of consistently exceeding business growth goals
• Demonstrated ability driving innovation as well as bringing creative ideas of others to market
• Experience with device software and hardware design
• Familiarity with AI, machine learning, embedded software, web services, mobile technologies, and/or networking/connectivity
• MBA or Master's degree
Management and Executive