DESCRIPTION Amazon Alexa's Economics and Measurement Team is looking for a Sr. Product Manager - Technical (PMT). Our team identifies the key drivers for engaging customers on the Alexa platform across devices, skills and services. We use machine learning, econometrics, and data science to understand customer response to Alexa experiences and optimize marketing targeting and measurement/attribution for customer facing content. As a part of the larger Alexa Customer Experience team, your area of influence and impact will be all of the Alexa organization across the world.
As a Sr. PMT, you will accelerate our team's impact and innovation by owning our technical roadmap. You will work with business leaders, scientists, and economists to translate business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables, including the design, development, testing, and deployment of solutions. You will partner directly with scientists and engineers to deliver scalable ML and econometric models and build tools to help our customers gain and apply insights. This role includes regular communication with business, tech, and finance senior management regarding product and model reviews, progress to goals, and sharing business insights.
We are looking for a unique individual who is interested in bigger picture strategic thinking with a passion for data-driven decision making and optimization. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. We work on many products spanning a wide range of business needs and scientific models, so willingness and ability to learn new things quickly is key - you won't be bored!
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Previous work experience in business intelligence or data science
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data to illustrate business conclusions
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to communicate data science to stakeholders and business leaders
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience generating user requirements for data products
• The ability to create and implement scaling mechanisms
• A deep understanding of software development
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation