Would you like to play a key role in building a service for enterprise customers that takes care of their infrastructure operations? Would you like to be at the cutting-edge of AWS technology?
AWS Managed Services (AMS) provides a full range of operational services to help enterprises achieve operational excellence on AWS. AMS helps organizations meet their operational goals in the cloud. Using AWS services and a library of automations, configurations, and run books, we provide an end-to-end operational solution for AWS environments. Our infrastructure and security incident monitoring and detective operational checks create a consistent operating model for customer's entire AWS fleet, irrespective of whether they run EC2-based workloads found in enterprise data centers, or run cloud native workloads.
Our service provides immediate value for customers by showing how AWS can solve their operations problems. We are a team of problem-solvers and builders who work on our customer's challenges that do not have cookie-cutter solutions. We often don't have the answers right away, and Dive Deep to figure out the best approach.
What's in it for you?
You will have strong ownership over product definition, user experience, pricing, and operational processes. You will be part of an exceptional team of product managers and engineers where collaboration is highly valued, where innovation is something that happens every day, where taking risks is encouraged and where every day is Day One. You will work with our customers, partners, operations team, and stakeholders to define, manage, launch, and iterate on managed services offerings.
What will you do?
As a Sr. Product Manager, you will:
• Work with enterprises to understand their key operational challenges
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Use Amazon's Working Backwards process to define requirements
• Use problem solving and design skills to build exciting features to solve our customer's challenges.
• Creating and executing the product strategy with special attention to the unique needs and requirements of Enterprise customers
• Work with engineering and operations teams to translate product and business requirements into development specifications using agile practices
• Create the go-to-market launch for new features working with field teams including Sales, Solution Architects, Professional Services, and Partner team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated experience over 5 years as a technical product manager or project lead
• Hands on software development or engineering experience of over 4 years or equivalent education
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degrees)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• An MBA or an equivalent degree or product management certification with job experience
• Proven Agile or Scrum practice in a product or project role.
• Possess 5+ years of managed services or professional services or consulting experience
• Experience with Cloud Adoption, Cloud driven Transformation and or Cloud Operations preferably with AWS.
• Experience and/or certification with IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Software and Programming Management and Executive