As a Partner Sales Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share of Amazon Web Services and grow adoption of cloud-based solutions. In the role, you will establish and maintain C-level, sales, and product relationships with strategic GSI/SI consulting partners to drive AWS services revenue with AWS account teams and customers. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will be responsible for creating and closing opportunities with partners that drive top line AWS revenue growth and overall market adoption with AWS customers.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives to support the AWS and SI sales processes. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. He/she should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against partner account plans and a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on revenue targets. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical with multiple account teams and partners and/or with a specific list of strategic consulting partners with defined revenue and win targets
2. Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets by helping GSI/SI partners originate and work with AWS sales teams to close opportunities that drive AWS revenues with prospects and customers.
3. Build deep relationships with customers and strategic SI partner(s) appropriate to your territory to fully understand their business, solutions and technical needs
4. Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan supporting multiple account teams and/or specific assigned partners to drive achievement of revenue and win goals
5. Execute this plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account teams, specialist sales teams, services teams and BD, partner marketing and partner development resources)
6. Develop long-term strategic relationships with key strategic GSI/SI partners
7. Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services to customers and partners
8. Maintain a robust sales pipeline
9. Work with partners to extend reach & drive AWS adoption
10. Support consulting partners as they develop their solutions through formal AWS APN programs in partnership with GSI/SI PDMs (and other resources)
11. Ensure customer and partner satisfaction
12. Provide technical and architectural resources to assist your partners in customer engagements and their delivery of solutions to market, including assisting them with ISV partnerships
13. Drive business development initiatives in your territory in partnership with Partner Development resources and marketing and GTMS teams to help drive opportunities to solutions built on AWS and ensure that AWS is their preferred platform
14. Prepare and give business reviews to AWS and ISV senior management teams
15. Manage contract negotiations and AWS funding programsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• 5+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions to Fortune 1000 accounts
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience requiredPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Track record of developing sustainable new business
• Extensive customer and partner network
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Accounting Sales and Marketing