Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Salary: $172,200 to $287,600 /yr commensurable with experience.
Language requirement: English
Would you like to lead a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to lead, coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solution Architects.
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Leaders for our Solution Architects.
As a Solutions Architect Leader, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. In this role, you will focus on both business and technical acumen.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Exercising thought leadership and driving value creation for our customers
• Shaping technical solutions
• Growing the team
• Leading specific customer engagement and interaction at the Director and VP level
• Owning, defining, developing, and executing a customer-outcome plan.
• Interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services
Representing your team to executive management.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 10 years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.
• 5 years in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, application development, and networking experience
• 3 years of experience managing technical teams
• 1 year of experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud platforms.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation