Amazon Recruiting Technology is seeking a driven, results-oriented software development and product leader to join our expanding team. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working at scale and puts big data to work, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts, and above all else, is passionate about building teams and developing talent.
In this role you will build a new organization from the ground up, define and evolve its practices, and own your organization's product vision and roadmap. You will be responsible for creating and operating new systems that will be core to the candidate experience and the evaluation of almost everyone who applies to Amazon globally. You will drive architectural design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable and adaptable platform.
To succeed you must demonstrate a high level of ownership and insist on the highest standards of quality, maintainability, performance, availability, and customer service. You will bring deep technical and management expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, the ability to define visionary products, and the desire to have an industry wide impact. You will cut through the noise, relentlessly simplify, work back from your customers, and deliver results.
As a technical leader, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company and plays a critical role in defining business strategy and goals.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years' experience building and managing development teams.
• 5+ years' experience leading teams that design, deliver and operate large highly reliable and scalable distributed systems
• 5+ years' experience delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• 3+ year experience managing technical managers
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of experience managing a team of at least 40 software engineers
• Deep understanding of engineering best practices
• Deep understanding of enterprise systems and data integration
• Experience with user centered design
• Experience with building accessible and mobile optimized web applications
• Experience with global technology implementation efforts and rollouts
• An MBA or advanced degree
Software and Programming