Are you passionate about enabling millions of customers around the world to buy anything, anywhere, anytime? Can you run large cross-team projects? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements and building relationships with other leaders, as drilling into architecture with development teams? Do you want to take the best e-commerce platform in the world to the next level?
We, the Ordering team, need a strong Senior Software Development Manager to lead our Vancouver, Canada office. You will be responsible for large, multi-year initiatives, while finding the right balance between building for immediate needs and building sustainable architectures. You will lead three software development teams to meet challenging goals, and will help us continuously make our systems ready for our current and future challenges. As we build, grow, and scale Amazon's ordering system, it will be critical for you to be customer obsessed, able to dive into technical details, and insist on high standards. You will be a key player in driving the growth of Amazon's Consumer business by enabling more and more business to onboard to the most sophisticated and scalable eCommerce platform in the world. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run the Consumer business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company, and - most importantly - you'll get to work with some awesome people having a lot of fun!
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and love working to develop leaders in a growing organization. Are you up for the challenge? We hope you join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of experience in software management, or similar technical leadership roles
• 10+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• Excellent technical and people management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making processPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Deep hands-on technical expertise
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong business and technical vision
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming