Amazon's Consumer Organization is the standard-bearer for Jeff's original vision: to become Earth's most customer-centric company. We are the people behind Amazon's eCommerce Business. We own the technology and the customer experience for what people know as Amazon.com.
At the heart of Amazon.com's tremendous selection, world class shopping experience and fulfillment is the Ordering team. The software we write and the systems we own power the ability to order anything from a pin to a piano with the click of a mouse! Every aspect of Amazon's retail business interacts with our systems. We're the hub of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture and we power millions of orders everyday.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented inventive Senior Software Development Manager. As the development manager, you'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers. Responsibilities include direct management of engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
* Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
* Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
* Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
* Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
* Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
* Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
* Exhibits excellent judgment
* Hires and develops great people
* Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
* Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
* Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
* Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
* Strong results Orientation
* Thinks bigBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of experience in software management, or similar technical leadership roles
• 10+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• Excellent technical and people management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making processPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Deep hands-on technical expertise
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong business and technical vision
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming