Do you want to enrich Canadian lives by bringing world class shopping and selling experiences to their fingertips? Amazon Canada is currently looking for a seasoned Sr. Manager of Software Development to build and manage a new technology team in Vancouver, BC. This new team will be responsible for launching technology products and features of massive scale, layered complexity, and ambiguous requirements to offer world class shopping and experiences to our customers and sellers. As the single threaded owner of the Amazon Canada Technology team (aka Head of Technology), you will collaborate with other senior leaders on Amazon Canada business team and technology teams across Amazon to develop and own the technology road map for Amazon Canada. You will own current and future global innovations on behalf of our customers across multiple platforms (storefront, payments, seller hubs, supply chain, etc.), devices, and media types (website, mobile phones, tablets, apps, email, SMS, etc.). You will be responsible for articulating and championing Canada's technology needs with external partners and internal business and technology teams. You will be the voice that represents Canada technology in weekly, monthly, and yearly business reviews with senior leadership.
If you have a passion for driving technical innovation that brings unique experiences and value to our Canadian customers, then we want to talk to you!
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software development engineers and managers.
• Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
• Interface with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
• Develop long-term business and technology strategies.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• 10+ years of industry experience: you've written code, delivered systems, and managed teams.
• 5+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams, including hiring and growing people managers, as well as SDEs.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivation and ability to be productive in a highly ambiguous environment.
• Can lead an organization autonomously making key decisions independently.
• Sound judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this positionPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Regarded as authority on technical issues by both the technical and business community and frequently consulted for making difficult trade-off decisions.
• Respected for technical expertise and drive awareness about the impact and consequences of technical decisions on the business.
Software and Programming