Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in computing, developers can durably store their data on AWS's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides simple APIs that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. While the emerging area of cloud computing has seen tremendous growth over the past few years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its potential.
We are looking for a leader of leaders to manage a software area of strategic importance and significant impact. In this role, you will lead Managers and Developers on the S3 Replication team.
S3 Replication distributes massive amounts of data globally to enable high-performance workloads and data protection requirements for some of AWS' most demanding and largest enterprise customers. Under your strategic leadership, the organization will accelerate a shift from multi-AZ to multi-region, unblocking new use cases that are difficult for customers to build independently today.
The ideal leader will meet with and work backwards from Fortune 500 customers, shaping the strategic direction for the team. They'll help invent new operating modes that significantly advance AWS' multi-region story. And they'll do this all while operating services at a scale that's difficult to find outside of S3.
The ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud computing represents, and is passionate about delivering quality services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift fast. You excel at leading managers and developers, and have a track record of building strong engineering teams. You have a strategic focus, yet retain hands-on management as you build your team. You set C-level vision and long-term direction. You've had success leading operational services and are ready to apply that experience at even greater scale. You will own the goals and roadmap of your engineering team and will have a major stake in the strategic direction of your software.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Design state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
• 10+ years of software experience
• 8+ years of management experience leading a world-class team
• Experience as leader of leaders
• BS/BA degree in a technical fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & , patterns and algorithms
• Experience with telemetry, optimization, and/or machine learning
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity- Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming