Equal parts advisor and operating partner, Amazon's team of Business Coaches assist and guide our Delivery Service Partner (DSP) business owners as they build and grow successful last mile package delivery businesses during a transformational time.
The Senior Manager, Business Coaches will lead a team of Managers and Business Coaches who find and execute value-creation opportunities and manage the DSP relationship across the entire lifecycle of the business. As trusted advisors, Business Coaches work alongside DSPs to help solve their biggest challenges at a programmatic level; influence their business planning and strategy; and look around corners to identify obstacles and recommend solutions, ensuring DSP owners make effective business decisions and are setup for success.
Our Managers and Business Coaches are leaders and collaborators. They are analytical and creative; deadline-driven, organized and able to multi-task; and have strong interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to earn trust, inspire others, and be empathetic. You'll be at the center of cross-functional teams, all working together to deliver the highest quality experience to Amazon customers.
If you're a dynamic, organized and strategic leader who's ready to partner with our Business Coach team as they support the launch and scale of DSP businesses in one of the fastest growing industries in the world, we'd like to talk with you. Curious? Good, that's one of our Leadership Principles! Discover more about the opportunity below.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Manager, Business Coach, you will lead a team of 2-4 Managers managing 6-12 Business Coaches who each partner with 20-40 DSP owners assigned to delivery stations across Western Canada. The business coaches on your team will oversee a portfolio of owners at different stages as they set strategy, help drive accountability and engagement, and motivate and track key performance metrics. Together, you'll provide best-in-class support for owners by removing obstacles and improving financial, operational, and safety practices at the network level. You'll lead your team to collaborate with an integrated internal team of Station Operations Managers, Program Managers, and Compliance and Finance personnel to ensure owners launch and scale their business in compliance with program requirements while also ensuring that outcomes are auditable, decisions are data-driven and work quality is measurable. You'll accomplish this by analyzing problems, discovering insights, delivering recommendations, and driving change both internally and externally.
You will lead and develop a team of Managers who ensure Business Coaches are consistently and effectively:
• Supporting owners as they onboard to the program and prepare to launch.
• Guiding owners as they scale their business and manage operational issues, ensuring they have resources in place to effectively ramp-up operations and prepare for peak periods.
• Coordinating Business and Financial Health Reviews to discuss business performance and new opportunities, as well as to provide benchmarking data and insights.
• Identifying workflow inefficiencies and working to formulate and implement operational improvements at the network level and to improve the individual DSP owner experience.
What We Look For
We seek customer-obsessed, detail-oriented individuals with a wide range of academic backgrounds, work experiences, and perspectives. A Senior Manager, Business Coach should have the curiosity to ask the right questions, the ability to collaborate with stakeholders, DSPs and team members, and the leadership to transform ideas into action. The right candidate will be passionate about developing people and creating processes, deep diving data and analytics, assessing root causes, and determining strategy and best practices. Successful candidates:
• Are passionate about leadership and people management. Ensure the right people are in the right job. Actively builds succession plans and creates leadership opportunities.
• Use significant expertise and high judgment to design the right team structure and mechanisms to meet long-term business goals. Able to distill diverse inputs from large customer segments and stakeholders to set a vision, design a strategy, and achieve consensus on priorities.
• Able to work and lead strategically. Defines the strategy in a highly ambiguous environment, aligns the teams to deliver for customers and creates scalable, long-term mechanisms. Actively removes bottlenecks and creates best practices.
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to and lead strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Able to handle significantly complex problems/efforts, decisions, and escalations. Must be able to mitigate risks created by complexity and make trade-offs; opportunity vs. resources vs. sustainability.
• Are highly organized and thrive in a dynamic environment with the ability to set and adjust priorities both independently and on behalf of their team.
• Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the proven ability to build trust and develop relationships.
• Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with various stakeholders and are comfortable managing by influence.
• Are able to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in account or relationship management, small business logistics, or retail/vendor/supplier management.
• 5+ years experience in building and leading teams of 5+ directs.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 12+ years of relevant work experience in account or relationship management, small business logistics, or retail/vendor/supplier management.
• MBA or other advanced graduate degree.
• SQL experience.
• International Coach Federation Credentialed (ACC/PCC/MCC).
• Last Mile, Operations, and/or small parcel packaging experience.
• Experience working with or owning a small business.
About Amazon Logistics
At Amazon Logistics (AMZL), our goal is to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience through the last mile of the order. To achieve this goal, we partner with a network of small independent delivery businesses (Delivery Service Providers) and the independent contractor community (Amazon Flex) to deliver customer orders. Utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and creative thinking, our Delivery Station teams ensure that millions of packages reach their final destination as efficiently as possible.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sales and Marketing