Sr. Leader, Software Dev (Customer Analytics + Engineering)
Reference ID: 764669
AWS Tech360 team is customer obsessed (or obsessed with customer metadata). We are a start-up environment that will be the authoritative source of customer metadata and the solutions team for applications that action AWS' strategies to better serve our customers. We provide actionable insights and improve the customer experience by enabling the world's most efficient and effective selling organization. Our group is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Leader to build and design the teams who will own next-gen data transformation, reporting, analytics, and warehouse technologies.
The ideal candidate possesses a unique balance of strong interpersonal, people management and technical delivery management skills. You will lead a team of experienced engineers responsible for a highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architecture with robust delivery plans through 2021.
You should bring a cool head, strong technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team's decisions and help drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and to love driving the team to reach and exceed their goals.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will implement best practices in advanced cloud-based solutions, and migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of native AWS.
You have a passion for educating, training and delivering quality and outcome for a diverse and challenging internal customer base. You will be responsible for team management, including headcount planning, hiring, objectives and performance management. The ideal candidate has experience managing program management professionals and understands how to hire the best talent, develop these individuals and coach them to be successful. You know how to invent new ways of team collaboration and how to empower individuals.
Be an evangelist for our organization by working across AWS teams to provide education and garner feedback on ways to collaborate better internally. You will be responsible for defining and maturing the function, while developing new and repeatable processes to benefit our customer base.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 7+ years leading and project managing complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
• 3+ years' experience managing a team of SDM's and senior engineers
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred)
• Deep understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery
• PMP, Prince 2, PgMP, SAFe, or SCRUM/Agile certified
• Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite/VP level
• Experience working with current web technologies (especially Cloud)
• Prior experience working with or managing large technical programs, particularly at large financial services firms
• Working experience as a SCRUM master or leading a SAFe program
• Prior experience working in a Technology sales organization
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
• Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Posted: January 18, 2019
Closes: March 19, 2019