Sr Equip Eng Spec
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we're proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let's make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. Right now, we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters
Job Responsibilities/Job Functions:Key Responsibilities:
- Pre-engineering for space, power, battery backup, cabling scenario, breakers & fibers panel requirements.
- Prepare and issue Installation Work Orders to install, power-up and connect all equipment at remote base station facilities.
- Hardware forecasts, requisitions and inventory management for base station equipment ( Not Ericsson ).
- Prepare, issue Provisioning Workorders detailing logical transmission assignments to provide Layer 1,2,3 connectivity from Wireless core nodes to remote Wireless base stations.
- Maintain up-to-date database engineering records and approve field modifications to ensure design documentation is current and reflects network image
- Support network implementation, IPRAN OPS-TAC and field operations groups during project execution to ensure integration of optimal design with minimal customer impact
- Provide SAR on request from 3rd party group. ( NOC, Wireline fiber, OPE, ETAC, IPRAN...)
- Manage TND/HLD and IP address assignment for base stations and IP routers.
- Follow up and support SOW outsources on Workorders production.
- Evaluate space & power request for 3rd party equipment installation in Wireless cell sites.
- In design cost request (DCR),
- Obtain preliminary design scenario and requirements from Access planning, Transport planning, RF Engineering.
- Evaluate and compare proposed locations for space, power supply, battery backup requirement and expandability.
- Prepare and Submit completed cost estimate form to requestor PM.
Leadership Attributes & Other Critical Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Network Wireless Engineering role
- Post Secondary education in Engineering and/or Business
- Strong understanding of Telecommunication Engineering Concepts for Wireless cell sites.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and build alignment around what has been prioritized
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting decision making skills
- Superior communication (written and verbal), negotiation and facilitation skills with various audiences.
- Must have the ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and align teams.
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success.
- Ability to execute against multiple projects; results-oriented work environment.
- Supports and strengthens the corporate brand and company culture.
- Process oriented problem solver who is able to take high level concepts and ideas and create a story that can connect the business case to the technical work and is able to articulate the benefits and cost effectively.
- Brings a high degree of initiative, is able to work in an ever changing environment, and is able to manage ambiguity and relentless focus on prioritizing and balancing multiple stakeholder goals.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.Schedule:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related Experience.
- Extensive wireless background, maintaining wireless equipment.
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Engineering Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Burnaby, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Network, Supply, Technology, Engineering, Operations
Engineering Information Technology