The Mobile Growth team's mission is to create experiences that will inspire the customer to more deeply engage with the shopping app. The Mobile Growth Analytics team plays a critical role in building the foundational analytics infrastructure that powers the mobile shopping business, enables teams to personalize and optimize customer experiences based on engagement, and enables teams to better understand customer behavior. We innovate to unlock the potential of the organization to analyze customer behavior and have created a data lake and front end visualization platform that over 300 users rely on to better understand mobile customer behavior. Join us to directly shape and influence the future growth around Mobile @ Amazon!
This role requires you to live at the cross section of data, engineering, and the mobile business. You have a deep understanding of data, analytical techniques, and how to connect insights to the business, and you have practical experience in insisting on highest standards on operations in ETL and big data pipelines. Your responsibilities include big data design and analysis, data modeling, and development, deployment, and operations of big data pipelines. You will work closely with the software development engineering team to fundamentally redesign the Mobile Metrics infrastructure. You will raise the bar for our engineers to better understand the data flows, infrastructure options, and innovate with them where the options do not meet our needs. You will be part of a broader cross-functional Mobile Growth Analytics team and problem solve together how we can improve how data unlocks value for customers.
The Mobile Growth Analytics team is a fast paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. As a Data Engineer working on the analytics platform, you will be implementing and supporting the analytic technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data. You will interact with customers to gather requirements and structure solutions. Design, implement and drive adoption of new analytic technologies and solutions. Promote industry standard best practices. Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and gaining a deep-dive understanding of key datasets.
At Amazon you will see results from your work as the insights we generate will unlock new initiatives to improve the customer experience.
We are looking for candidates that have strong computer science credentials, are customer-obsessed and have a track record of building quality solutions. You know how to build and you dive deep into data. You intrinsically use technology to solve problems, excel in data analysis and can succinctly and accurately report your findings. You will contribute to all aspects of our system's design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will improve our data pipelines and mine new sources of data to make our system better. For this brand new initiate with highly-motivated engineers, you will help deliver robust data, feature sets, intuitive designs and user interfaces that will deliver a Mobile Analytics Platform at Amazon scale.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or a related field (e.g. financial statistics etc).
• 5+ years of Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g. Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, and Data Scientist) with extensive professional experience and a proven track record in a role focused on understanding, manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets.
• Significant experience in relational database concepts with an expert knowledge of SQL.
• Significant experience with relational and star schema data modeling concepts.
• Experience processing noSql data
• Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language.
• Experience with Linux systems command-line tools and scripting
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including implementation and tuning experience using AWS technologies - Redshift,S3,EC2 etc and Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Pig and other big data technologies.
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
• Experience with OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc. BI packages.
• Familiarity with ETL such as Informatica.
• Experience using machine learning and statistical tools such as Python/Pandas, R, SPSS, Weka etc .
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers.
• Experience working in small teams and shipping products, building and developing both system prototypes and operating scalable software systems.
• Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
• Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation