The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for an experienced Sr Business Intelligence Engineer to work with our leadership team, engineering and product teams, and recruiting teams to identify key insights through reporting and analysis and drive those insights into action with the right teams. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with advanced problem solving, data mining, and data engineering skills to answer ambiguous questions in data that help leaders make great data driven decisions. The successful candidate will work with a highly collaborative team, and have direct influence over analytical roadmaps, deliver high value insights, establish key performance metrics, and create dashboards and report to track progress toward goals. The candidate will be responsible for working with senior leadership within HR, Recruiting, and business leadership to provide data and insights.
• Partner with product and tech teams to consult, define, develop, build and implement the right set of performance metrics, reports, and dashboards to effectively manage the business.
• The ability to dive deep into large amounts of data, have a great business sense, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-driven analysis.
• Conduct ad hoc analysis projects - at times across multiple systems answering complex business questions and providing actionable insights to the leadership team to inform decisions and strategy.
• Writes SQL to Extract and Transform Data from Databases
• Develop ETLs to automate data integrations from internal and external HR systemsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or related field and 5+ years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of degree and experience
• Advanced SQL querying
• Advanced expertise in Excel
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy
• Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
• Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively develop and communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
• Experience using AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, Data Pipeline, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
• 5+ years of hand-on experience with multiple analytics framework development platforms such as R, Python, SQL, AWS Services etc.
• Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams. Ability to work collaboratively with non-technical customers and team members and translate business questions into analytical requirements with ease.