Tax Engine Platform team is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to drive a new Analytics charter in Vancouver.
We are looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer with broad technical skills to build analytic and reporting capabilities to deliver on strategic analytical/reporting projects, define/produce end-to-end metrics that inform product, business and engineering teams and identify new growth opportunities through data-driven insights.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will be directly interacting with our primary customers (Tax Analysts) and will be the key player to build the bridge between engineering and business teams, which includes but not limited to: Technical Program Managers, Product Managers, Data/Software Development/Systems Development Engineers, Software Development Managers and Tax Analysts/Managers.
The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. The candidate is an expert with business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where data-backed insights drive value creation. An effective communicator, the candidate crisply translates analysis result into executive-facing business terms. The candidate works aptly with internal and external teams to push the projects across the finishing line. The candidate is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced and global team.
• Interfacing with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions to drive insights and inform product, operations, development and business.
• Interfacing with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ability to use a programming and/or scripting language to process data for modeling
• Evolve organization wide Self-Service platforms
• Building metrics to analyze key inputs to forecasting systems
• Leading complex analytical deep dives (Segmentation, A/B testing)
• Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
• Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
• Experience with SQL
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 4+ years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in DW, DB design, Reporting technology
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Hands On experience with Python, R or other modern programming languagePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in computer science engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
• Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
• Experience and ability to effectively gather information from multiple data sources and deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
• Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau/QuickSight.
• Experience working with redshift, Cradle or other AWS tools is a plus