IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Sr Business Analyst Lead to join our client in Vancouver, B.C.
Why work with our client?
- Reputable organization
- Large enterprise projects constantly on the go
- Strong work life balance
- Leads the assessment of client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to identify business priorities and recommends options.
- Communicates with stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise and explains services to clients of all management levels to ensure they have a clear understanding of IT roles, processes, and activities.
- Manages liaison relationship with clients to ensure solutions meet user needs.
- Conducts feasibility studies and drafts proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers.
- Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases.
- Leads short and long-term planning sessions to implement integrated business process improvements.
- Identifies, elicits, and documents business requirements, defines business rules and communicates requirements for the implementation of business solutions.
- Prepares functional, system and program specifications bridging multiple projects.
- Review test plans and monitors the testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk.
- Procures technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to less-experienced individuals.
- Maintains appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Top Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ongoing career development through active and self-motivated professional development in the field of Business Analysis. Formal certification from a recognized professional organization or professional development provider is an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience and 2 years of managerial experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them.
- Working knowledge of project management, quality assurance, change management disciplines and best practices; and development methodologies.
- Ability to conduct needs analysis, plan, organize, manage, monitor, complete, and evaluate projects within allocated time and resources.
- Good knowledge of IT application development methodologies and implementation best practices, "rules of thumb", and benchmarks.
- Ability to effectively facilitate groups to achieve appropriate outcome.
- An understanding of key trends and players in the IT industry.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and workshops.
- Ability to identify, obtain and effectively manage organizational resources (e.g., people, materials, assets, budgets).
- Effective leadership, consulting, consensus building, conflict resolution, and negotiation and team-building skills are an asset.
- Ability to build relationships, consult with customers and potential customers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage responsibilities and tasks to meet time sensitive, critical deadlines.
- Experience in a higher education environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience in producing BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs.
- Working experience on enterprise-wide projects.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering.
- Knowledge of data analysis and data modeling (conceptual, logical).
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies, or technologies.
- Demonstrated contributions to the continuous improvement of business analysis practices, methodology, and implementation.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- IT/IQ has consistently been one of the top three vendor’s year over year since 2010
- We provide excellent access to key hiring managers, which other agencies may not have access to
- When hiring managers are reviewing resumes, they will review the resumes from the agencies that have previously proven themselves and can be trusted
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.