Would you like to be part of an organization that is helping Amazon scale a fast-growing, highly innovative workforce? Are you passionate about building tools and data to improve the performance of HR programs? Do you get excited working with a highly diverse population cutting across multiple countries, culture, and values?
Getting interested - please read on!
Amazon is looking for a Business Analyst who is excited about transforming HR processes and building customer-centric, sustainable, and scalable mechanisms for Amazon's global Benefits administration team. The role is part of a new department within Amazon's Employee Services team in HR. The role requires understanding customer needs as well as the ability to build global analytic tools and contextualize reporting to support various benefits program operations (bereavement, compliance, global benefit programs, vendor performance and administrative KPIs). This work will be done by:
- Defining business needs through discovery sessions with key global benefit program leaders.
- Developing sophisticated benefit analytic tools, reporting mechanisms and dashboards.
- Analyzing trends and providing value-added insights through the use of statistical analysis or other advanced analytics methods.
Additionally, this role will assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports on the benefit administration team's KPIs.
- Manage a portfolio of projects as SCRUM lead for our team.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, organized planner with demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently. The candidate should be self-driven and possess the ability to build from the ground up while working in an ambiguous environment with minimal guidance or supervision. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans and managing multiple priorities.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience in the field of analytics, reporting, or data management.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent experience
• Advanced working knowledge of analytics tools.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience working with data to drive improvement/change through the use of statistal modelling.
• Ability to write clearly and and tell stories with data.
• Proficiency with a scripting language (Java, Python, or R)
• Proficiency with query development through SQL and visualization tools through Quicksight, or Tableau. § Advanced skills in Excel
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management