DESCRIPTION Are you interested in building intelligence systems from the ground up?
Are you interested in working with Applied Scientists, Big Data Engineers and Software Development Engineers to build large-scale data intelligence systems?
Are you interested to work in a team that positively impacts different key pillars of Amazon like Pricing, Promotions, Advertising, Auto inventory purchasing, Auto inventory removal, Inventory placement?
Are you interested in working for a team that builds cool systems yet has great work-life balance?
Profit intelligence systems measures, predicts true profit(/loss) for each item as a result of a specific shipment to an Amazon customer.
Profit Intelligence is all about providing intelligent ways for Amazon to understand profitability across retail business. What are the hidden factors driving the growth or profitability across millions of shipments each day?
Profit Intelligence provides these answers.
We compute the profitability of each and every shipment that gets shipped out of Amazon. Guess what, we predict the profitability of future possible shipments too. We are a team of agile, can-do engineers, who believe that not only are moon shots possible but that they can be done before lunch. All it takes is finding new ideas that challenge our preconceived notions of how things should be done. Process and procedure matter less than ideas and the practical work of getting stuff done. This is a place for exploring the new and taking risks.
We push the envelope in using cloud services in AWS as well as the latest in distributed systems, forecasting algorithms, and data mining.
We are looking for a solid Big Data Engineer who can work with 100s of TB of incoming data to build and deploy solutions together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of Applied scientist, software development engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts. As a Big Data Engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap, and development of this set of product features from beginning to end.
• Work with a team of product and program managers, engineering leaders, and business leaders to build data architectures and platforms to support business
• Design, develop, and operate high-scalable, high-performance, low-cost, and accurate data pipelines in distributed data processing platforms
• Recognize and adopt best practices in data processing, reporting, and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Keep up to date with big data technologies, evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products to design the data architecture
To learn more about Financial Intelligence Systems, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonFIS
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience building large-scale distributed applications and services
• 6+ years experience in developing end to end BI solutions
• 6+ years experience in Oracle, Redshift, SQL, PL/SQL, and OLAP
• 6+ years experience in working with large databases
• experience in data modeling and/or dimensional modeling
• Expertise in SQL, SQL tuning, and ETL development
• Proficiency with Linux/Unix systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing
• Experience with AWS technologies such as EMR, Dynamo, RDS, Redshift, S3, etc.
• Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, Spark/Scala, Python, etc.
• Experience with open source big data processing systems and infrastructure such as Spark, Hive, PrestoDB, and etc.
• Experience with business intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Pentaho, etc.