Are you interested in applying your background in data mining and machine learning to massive real world data and impact the lives of millions of Amazon users? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems and metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Selling Partner Promotion Analytics and Optimization Service team at Amazon.
At Selling Partner Promotion, our vision is simple - we want to run the best promotions in the industry. Through technology, we seek to constantly increase the quality of promotions - by identifying the best set of products to promote from the millions we carry; best promotion type that meets our business objectives and learning from the performance of our past promotions.
The requirement is for someone who can use state-of-the-art methods in their area of specialization and who is comfortable as a mentor and subject area expert for their field. The successful candidate will (1) contribute to existing efforts already underway by infusing their deep knowledge of their field and technical prowess, (2) identify new and promising uses of technologies that address novel problems in Selling Partner Promotion and (3) connect with other scientists throughout Amazon to ensure Selling Partner Promotion data is effectively used by other teams and that we benefit from innovations and progress across the company. If you are a subject matter expert in machine learning and data mining who enjoys coding production-strength algorithms and work with large scale data sets then we would like to chat with you.
To know more about Amazon science, Please visit https://www.amazon.scienceBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Ph.D. /M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related quantitative field.
• 4+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment
• Experience with Causal Inference
• Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation.
• Hands-on experience in Python, Scala, Java, or other programming languages
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving and algorithm design
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• Experience with NLP, Reinforcement Learning
• 6+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment
• Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
• Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us