Closing Date: May 23, 2022
Reporting to the Lead, Operating Excellence, the Specialist, Operating Excellence is responsible for supporting key improvement initiatives. As a practitioner in Continuous Improvement (CI), you will evaluate site opportunities, benchmark site performance, and promote prioritized initiatives.
To be successful, we are looking for someone who has strong capabilities to find solutions and make strong judgments and decisions through analysis of quantitative and qualitative information. Our environment is fast-paced and dynamic, therefore the ability to manage changing priorities in a detail-oriented and organized manner is crucial. Above all else, you will have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills, and can build and maintain successful relationships with partners across the company.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to all sides of our operation and collaborate with multiple departments. You will get the chance to see the operation from a holistic point of view while maintaining variety and diversity in your day-to-day work. You will also play a crucial role in advancing the culture of continual improvement through all layers of our organization!
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work with operating departments to evaluate ideas, champion organizational change strategies, and sustain initiatives
- Identify potential opportunities and initiatives to improve site performance through the application of an in-depth understanding of the mining business, key cost centers, and business drivers
- Promote the sharing of site successes that can be actioned across our operations
- Report on realized benefits, CI business objectives, and validate that recognized gains are calculated on a standardized basis
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce cost that will impact metrics in actuals, forecasts, and budgets
About Teck Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree in Finance, Mining, Engineering, Processing, or qualification in a related subject area
- Five years of experience in CI or in an Operating Excellence environment using Lean, Six Sigma, or other CI processes, preferably in mining
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data to identify root causes, measure KPI performance, and identify key takeaways and solutions
- Excellent digital proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite®, Power BI, SQL and Python would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Database, SQL, Engineering, Mining, Management, Technology