Specialist, Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP)
Location: Remote (BC only), BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.Job Description
Reporting to the Enterprise Applications Product Owner the SAP Systems Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise on SAP based enterprise solutions by proactively leading the analysis, architecture, design, and implementation of complex SAP Enterprise solutions. As a subject matter expert in ERP systems and utilizing a deep understanding of the IT technical layer (IT services, server, network, Fiori and desktop technologies), the Systems Specialist builds and maintains strong working relationships with external application service providers, key internal stakeholders and business technology team members in order to enable the business to maximize value within the SAP suite of applications and technologies. Key Accountabilities:
Assists in the ongoing operational support of implemented products and applications by proactively resolving complex technical issues and demonstrating innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
Responsible for the full scope technical project management of small to medium SAP-related operational projects.
Manage, monitor and control all aspects of outsourced application support and/or managed operations of SAP applications.
Utilizing a deep understanding of technical solutions across a broad set of functional areas in order to proactively by translating business activities and processes into enterprise application solutions. Ensuring the appropriate level of documentation and communication of the impacts of the solution and that the delivered solutions meet the needs of the stakeholders.
Works across large functional areas to develop and review SAP-based artifacts including business requirements documents, functional and technical design documents in conjunction with external vendors/service providers.
Providing significant knowledge transfers to other members of the team and cross functionally. Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses
Minimum of 5 - 7 years IT experience with at least five years progressively responsible experience in an SAP ERP/S4 HANA
Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered Technical Requirements
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the area of SAP and ERP Systems in general. Specifics include:
- SAP modules and components - e.g. FI, CO, MM, HR, SD, Payroll, Solution Manager, GRC, etc
- SAP HANA
- SAP security concepts
- SAP Basis and Architectural knowledge applicable to the management of project ALM, transports and refresh process.
- Troubleshooting skills and performance tuning experience within SAP
Experience in Information Systems: design, development, support and management
Demonstrated knowledge of project management and change management principles.
Functional knowledge of Human Resources processes would be an asset
A background in consulting would be an asset
Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement
Knowledgeable in Application integration architectures and middleware, including message-oriented middleware (MOM), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), integration brokers and business process management (BPM)
Basic understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows systems, system administration and development.
- some or all of Microsoft .NET
- Service Oriented Architecture (Tibco) and object-oriented programming methodologies
- Database design and programming (Relational)
Software integration experience.
Vendor management experience
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
Strong computer skills - MS office suite
Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset. Additional Information:
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQAI+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.