Closing Date: June 14, 2023
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Supervisor, the Specialist, Automation, Processing Systems is responsible for safely delivering and maintaining a diverse set of technology that is redefining the way we operate our mineral processing. Technologies include process automation, remote operations, human machine interfaces, optimization systems, and operator safety systems.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, who can translate technical information to gain consensus from staff with varying backgrounds, someone who can work independently in a distributed team with a collaborative approach to problem solving, who is detail oriented, but also able to think strategically.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Collaborate closely with internal and external teams troubleshoot technical problems and provide solutions
- Define, implement, support, and continuously improve innovative systems that optimize safety, sustainability, productivity, and efficiency including, advanced analytics, and advanced process control
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative team with a focus on delivering value and promoting sharing of practices across operations
- Provide design and implementation support to major projects including green field projects
- Develop and maintain documentation of standards and best practices
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Electrical, Instrumentation Technologist or Mechanics with an Automation focus or related field, or bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related subject area
- Minimum two years' experience working on industrial process control systems, programming PLC and HMI Systems with a background in instrumentation and automation and control systems
- Ability to understand and develop control systems from engineering documents such as P&ID's, control narratives, and function diagrams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation, Mining, Energy, Engineering
Apply now »
Construction, Mining and Trades