- Software architecture and design experience, preferably using microservices
- Java programming experience
- Mobile Expertise
What & Why:
One of BC’s best employers is looking for a Solutions Engineer to join their team. The solutions engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business problems within a digital banking platform. The incumbent is actively engaged in the development process and provide key insights in a highly collaborative workplace including developing standards, standards, tools and best practices for the design, development and management of the platform. This role also provides senior level troubleshooting of complex application incidents and system disruptions, and reviews solutions for complex application change requests. In addition, this role mentors others and provides technical advice and direction.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
- Be a key innovator of a digital banking platform.
- Execute on key architectural decisions that define the future of our client’s technology vision
- Align technical approaches across the engineering teams; In conjunction with others maintains the application’s architecture, and a roadmap for projects that evolve toward the target.
- Design multi-dimensional and significantly complex applications; conducts full review of costs, benefits, risks and implications taking into consideration numerous variables, and recommends effective solutions.
- Coach, mentor and enable developers, testers and DevOps regarding the resolution of complex technical matters, new technologies and best practices
- Work closely with Product and Development teams while building solutions; reviews solutions recommended by Developers or others for complex application change requests, ensuring they meet technical standards and specifications
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 8 plus years relevant experience in a large scale IT environment.
- Extensive technical knowledge and depth in infrastructure, software architecture, databases and agile product development; Advanced expertise in best practices related to application design, configuration and maintenance, system administration and documentation.
- Strong experience with SaaS platforms that run on a multi-tenant architecture
- Ability to influence, mentor and provide technical leadership across the organization, with specific emphasis to developers, testers and DevOps of all levels
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a collaborative and effective workplace
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude including ability to work under pressure and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
Posted: November 1, 2018
Closes: December 31, 2018